Monday, September 7, 2015

Engine Coolant Temp Sensor - Adaptronic Hardware - AC Delco








So I found out that without the sharing board for the old 420 Adaptronic, the 440 seem to not read the temperature correctly.  As if the signal was halved.  OEM Temp gauge read a 1/4 and 440 saw 66deg max.









So I decided to add a separate sensor, but as usual nothing is easy.
28mm radiator pipe meant a required hunt for said adapter.
So then I had the adapter, the sensor didn't fit.  Needed to convert the 1/8NPT to M12.
Then to tear apart my sexy wiring loom and add another wire in.























This is a AC Delco calibration and M12 x 1.5mm thread.
I had to get the ADC values for the Adaptronic ECU.
I will get my data for the conversion.


























I'm still skeptical about the location, what happens if the thermo fails?
I will revisit the location at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment