Monday, September 7, 2015

Big Brakes Mean Bigger Wheels - 4pots and 320mm with some 225/45R16 AD08R




What happens when the Rota Grids 15x8+0 can't fit the 320mm discs? You go bigger.
To fit the 4pots I used 20mm spacer on some 16x8+33?  Enkei RS2 2pc.
I restored the wheels the best I could.







What happens when you don't want to trim your wheel studs? You recess holes in the rim.









Before










Before and after









Do I need brake line locks? I will do my best to make some brackets and lock the brake lines.  Annoyingly its a M7x1.00mm thread!
After 3 shops I found my M7 screws.














Why so shiny? I got bored. Decided to polish up the aluminium cast!
Took way too long. /rcolt-4pots-ucf30-rebuild-running-gear.html

















I like the 5mm clearance :) {above}



I wanted to use rolled pins to lock the bracket, but a threaded solution will be stronger.






















































I was surprised it torqued up. But yeh, I am happy with it. Bracket and bolt seem tight. Better than nothing anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment