Thursday, December 17, 2015

EC5W Project - 9Months



I picked up a second hand car, an import.
I always wanted more space. So a sports wagon was on the cards.
2yrs later I took the plunge. It was a hard sale, but I did it. I hope to restore this perfect car.
Part of the process is to pull it apart and figure out what has been done to it, as it had zero log books
:(
Who does that! Besides me ha.

First step was to clean up the wiring, I noticed the steering column adjustments would cause funky things to happen.
Turned out the previous owner used VAMPIRE CLIPS !!!!!!! What the hell.
So out came the soldering iron.






I noted the owner had installed paddle shifters from an Lancer, Outlander? Who knows as it is a common part.
(Part Number: 2401a004).

A nice touch, shifter is smoother than the auto selector.

Car has some custom pipe work, exhaust, Brembos and Tein coilovers.
It also has a busted alternator !!!!!!!!









Brake fluid flush.
Inspect all belts.









Rotate wheels.





























New alternator, test alternator relay.




<- Check brake pads and rotors.
new ones needed on the front, both rotors and pads.

Might some new plastic guards.














Tein Coilovers. Might give them some loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment