Friday, October 16, 2015

Start Her Up - Forged 4G15 MiVEC




So I started it up and did the 20min breakin. AFR were all over the shop, but that is because its hard to hold the rpm.  I have to bounce the rpm and not let it idle.


Trying to find the right washer for the banjos.





Oil temps were getting high, about 180F, oil pressures were lower than expected :(
That could be because of 5W-30 mineral oils. I used the Joe Gibbs, Driven oils for the 20mins.

I run an external gate, I decided to make a divider on the dump housing.





I'm not a welder, but it will suffice.


I spoke to the engine machinist, he said the first 20mins was the most critical.  Hence, I used the good stuff for the first 20mins
I will be using some Penrite 15W-40 Running In Oil for the road km.








I put the flanges on the linisher.
My first time using it. Took ages to setup.








I put the engine in solo, pain in the ass if you have the A/C unit in there. So that was removed.

A/C weight about 7-8kg. Not much.










Time to hang the manifold and torque it down.











The housings on the turbo needed to be turned slightly. I draft mounted the FMIC to work out the best angle or rotation.






In goes the radiator.  As you can see, the plastic shield was melted.  I believe it was from my track days that don't have a cool down lap :(







Slowing going together.  I'm a slow worker, but I try to do it right.












I drilled out the spot welds on the bonnet catch.










FMIC was mounted, radiator and supports are in.
Only the wiring was left to tidy up.
Exhaust and turbo is in.





No comments:

Post a Comment