Monday, March 3, 2014

DiY Dog Bones for My UCF30 Calipers - Ralliart Colt 4pot Conversion






Previous posts on my UCF30 calipers:

/ls400ucf20-or-ls430ucf30-front-brake.html
/calipers-arrived-ucf30ls430-sumitomo.html
/monoblock-rebuild-kit-04479-50130-lexus.html








Next step is to make my mounts in wood so I can get some rough dimensions.
Then to get them done in some billet aluminium.
Then to invest in some bigger rotors, then to restore my pair of 16x8 wheels so that I can clear the brakes :)
Minimum is a 16" wheel to clear the bigger brakes. I will have to use my 20mm spacer as well.








I rarely work with wood, so making the shapes was harder than expected. I used my airsaw, dremel and bits and pieces to craft the shape. Surprisingly the bolts actually threaded into the wood lol.
They are M12x1.25 by 25mm.










Using the dremel to cut out a recess for the offset bit.





















The offset bit wasn't longer enough :( by a whole 10mm FARK!
So I had to extend it, I used another piece of wood and made some dowels.

















Currently it just touches the rim, i know why. It the wood, it needs to be shaved down ~4mm






Thats how the bracket looks, it needs a lot of trimming.





Bolts I use to hold on my Evo 3 calipers.








No comments:

Post a Comment