Friday, December 7, 2012

RColt Z27AG Carbon Hood by CarbonRevo

About
I have finally found a decent CF hood for the Colt, the extra curves work so well on the Colt. It is not a rice product, it looks serious. It is also half the weight (bonus) and it has an integrated water tray.  It stops the rain water entering the engine bay.
The China ones I have seen aren't as cheap as they should be and the quality is lacking.

I found a shop in Singapore that were selling CF products http://carbonrevo.com/ and that's when the hunt begun. Just over a year ago i started showing interest for the hoods. I got two other guys interested as well.
There were a few hold ups in production, but Lawrence the owner of CarbonRevo didn't stop. He sourced a new bonnet out of Japan and started the production process again. I believe it went through various design changes to what you see today.

I like to thank Lawrence for not giving up and my two mate waiting patiently.

Notes:
- do not slam to close the hood and please use both palms, one on top of another just like doing pushups to press to close the hood. That will prolong the lifespan alot
- The bolts u can use the original. Be sure not to over tighten
- our bonnet has rubber bump stops that may need to be adjusted so the hood closes easliy.
- remove the water-tray for more cooling.



- the water nozzle/spray of the 08 Colt didn't fit the bonnet. I am on the hunt to figure out why. Maybe the 06 is different or JDM model is different from ADM.

Lawrence @ CarbonRevo:
- We have a few grades depending on your budget and requirement. Usually this is the most basic specs that people will get unless its into serious motorsports. This is the carbon top and Frp bone. We also have Carbon Top with frp in between and carbon as the last
- We also have 1. Carbon+FRP+Carbon. 2. Carbon+Carbon+Carbon. 3 Dry Carbon

- We sell worldwide, so no issues. Price is key. My usual price for such size is $1300 SGD. GB price, I will work down from there depending on the quantity. As usual 1 year warranty. But if want those $700-800 price. I won't want to make, coz I cannot use good quality materials which will result in poor quality end products. My motto is Quality not quantity.

- We ship worldwide.
Summary:
Love the look and the feel. It feels real solid. Worth the extra money!
I have dealt with a lot of people when importing stuff from around the world and Lawrence is one of my favorites. If its good news or bad news he tells you how it is. Always responds in a timely manner as well. Which is all you can ask for when buying online and paying upfront. Your money is in trusting hands.




6 comments:

  1. hi ayu, im desmond, from malaysia i drive a colt ralliart version r aka rcolt as u call...do you have a facebook account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the plate number just like a malaysian plate number

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there I want to buy this bonnet can you email me a price to dharris@htecelite.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.I'd like to buy colt ralliart bonnet.can you email me price and shipping on markoc77@gmail.com
    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello.Can you email me a price to kpetrov@ita-service.bg

    ReplyDelete