Wednesday, October 31, 2012

CV Joints - Drive Shaft Replacement for Excel 3 94-00

My friend bought a car and failed to check it over. When I did the oil change i noticed both CV joints were split. I didn't know how long they had been like that so I decided to replace the whole axle. Why?
Because it was cheaper and easier than farting around with the CVs.



















For $180 for both i swapped them over.
Both auto and manual cars use the same axles.







- 32mm axle nut removal and split pit
 - tie tod also has to be separated
- remove suspension strut bolts
- pry the drive shafts out (they came out so easy! omg i couldn't believe. I used a pry bar).
- putting the drive shafts in were tricky. Trying to get them straight and a few hits by a rubber mallet to get the circlip in.
- i didn't loose any oil to my surprise (auto tranny)

It looked like the hub bearing were packed with grease, possibly leaking. I just left it alone. Cleaned out the seal and put it back together.

CV Joints - Drive Shaft Replacement for Excel 3 94-00 all type 271080897690

No comments:

Post a Comment