Friday, January 17, 2014

Crate Engine Shipment - Shipping a Pallet from Over East (ACT) to WA - E-Go Review



The hunt for a Crate Engine Shipper - Shipping a Pallet from Over East (ACT) to WA

What fun to try and find a shipper :(
After countless sites, forums and reviews it was impossible to find one that sounded legit.

Just some I found that seemed legit:
http://www.interparcel.com/
http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do
http://www.transdirect.com.au/
http://www.gkrtransport.com.au/
http://www.palmtrans.com.au/




I ended up using e-go. One of the few that have a decent online calculator. Price was also fairly reasonable.
I ended up paying extra for a tail-lift pickup and saved a little to pick the motor up by myself at the Perth Depot.
The item ended up at Pep Transport, 3 FARGO WAY, WELSHPOOL, 6106
Rather than their Osborne Park depot.

Service: Road Freight
Booked for : 10/12/2013
From: DUFFY 2611

To:
OSBORNE PARK 6017
PEP TRANSPORT
35 WALTERS DRIVE

Items: 1
Dead Weight: 150 kg
Cubic Weight: 171 kg
Estimated Transit: 10-11 Days
Total Charge: $424.29 including GST

Should you have any questions regarding your delivery, please go to our website, www.e-go.com.au, or send us an e-mail to: enquiries@e-go.com.au.

The pickup went smooth, I paid extra for a call to be placed prior to pickup (couple $$ from memory).
From there I didn't get the package in the nominated time. My tracking number also didn't work after a couple weeks.
I was scared. I starting emailing e-go but I got vague replies.

# I had sent the first email on the 28/12 - I got a reply they they were closed till the 2/1/2014 (replied on the 8th)
# I sent another email on the 3/1 - they said they would resolve my issue (replied on the 4th)
 - I got my friend to call on the 8th/9th, as I was away (no luck)
# I sent another email on the 13/1, asking for status as tracking number doesn't work
 - I got a reply later in the day from Alan, saying it had been ready since the 6/1 @_@
# I replied saying that this was the first I had heard of its arrival
 - They replied: Please not we were closed for operation from the 25/12/13-2/1/14, so this is why the freight took longer to arrive to the delivery destination.

I wasn't extremely happy, but I hope the delays were due to the busy time of the year. You can make your own judgement.

Item arrived safely and looks A-OKAY! Besides the grey hairs waiting for any information for two weeks @_@

-------------------------------------------
Engine Details from Prev Owner

The engine came from ralliart NZ and was originally installed in one of two advanced versions they received prior to the colt ralliart being released globally. For reference the other engine was sold to another member of this forum. Based on this I would assume it’s from an 06 ralliart colt (AUS version)

I purchased it to replace my blown engine mid last year and it went well till I crashed at Eastern Creek raceway. All up the engine came with about 1500 km on it and when I crashed it had about 7500 km's.

For reference the engine experienced no damage, leaks or scuffs and the associated gear box is now installed on my current colt.

-------------------------------------------











































































1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for best courier company https://www.dtdcaustralia.com.au/ ?

    ReplyDelete