Friday, November 8, 2013

Doing it right the 1st time - Taps & Dies - Must have in all tools boxes - 1/16 NPT





My turbo had a 1/4" UNC grab screw fitted. I searched high and low for a barbed fitting that I could use. Nothing was easy to come by or non-existent.
I bought a brake nipple that i planed to use, but it was thinner than a normal 1/4" UNC.
Next I began my search for a 1/16" NPT tap, most shops hadn't heard of it, or know what it is.
Lucky I came across a Goliath poster, got in touch with them and tracked down a distributor.
A complete week after i began the mission of tidying up the boost and oil lines @_@




The next struggle I had was the zero clearance for getting to tap into position @_@
/3port-boost-solenoid-adaptronic-with.html
/turbosmart-comp-gate-40-new-116npt.html






Used some fittings and reverse hex bits, still no go.















Got lucky and played with some fittings and sockets and adapted it to my screw driver.
The tap would wobble, but I didn't care, I needed a thread even if it was a bit off centre

Finally! a proper fitting. That little fitting has costed me alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment