Saturday, September 15, 2012

Removing Fenders - Wide Body Fender Examples

I thought i add how to remove the fenders.
I went from the underside, hence the removing of the black plastic liner.
I think there are about 4 10mm bolts and a bunch of those push in black plastic clips.
They are hard to get off with all the sand stuck in them.
I rip them off. You can see more here DIY Widebody/OverFenders

Apart from that i get my hand right up into the guard and start removing the bolts.
Pop the bonnet remove the ones around the headlight.

Some pics I found on Minkara ages ago. Sorry for not having the credits.


<- this is between the door gap





 I didn't remove my front bumper. As i am just trying to widen the fender. I will let you know if i end up removing the bumper.












Removal of fender brace. This shot is the backside of the plastic trim between the door and the fender.

I have removed this black plastic trim.








Top bolts near the headlight and under the plastic trim that clips onto the windscreen wiper plastic guard.











I believe these are a few of the bolts on the top side of the fender brace.

Fender bolts are 12mm from memory the rest are 10mm.




I took these off but one snapped :( try WD40 first.
I didn't remove the plastic guard/trim. I just teased it off enough to get some movement in the fender.
There is double sided tape and push in clips.



















Above is a kit that the Evo boys buy. I think its an Evo Dave kit?
This allows them to do three stage fender mods. Each one increasing the gap. The panel doesn't kink as it follows the contour nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment