Sunday, May 12, 2013

How to remove bearings off a differential LSD and RColt Stock Diff Comparison



OK. So i sold my Quaife. I swapped to an ATS LSD? Because i am crazy.
So i had to finally pull apart my smashed gearbox and inspect. Its been sitting for around six months. Everything was sealed and left oiled. So apart it came. Then i decided to test drive my bearing splitters. WOW they worked.
With some retro fitting i was able to remove the bearings.





Looks like the ring gear came in contact with the bearing race. Not to much damage to the ring gear or the output shaft gear.






Sad days, the crack :(































Because the bearing race came loose in the housing it has some wear marks. Nothing major. Bearing were all intact and still spinning

Output shaft close up









Ring gear close up












Extracted












More of the crack











Ring gear removal.









My modified bearing puller. I used a socket to sit directly on the LSD. I then use a nut to free spin between the bearing splitter and the socket.
I lubed it all up due to the tension i knew would be on the parts.






















No need for a butane torch, sweet!











And both successfully removed. I used the rattle gun to slowly drive the bearing splitter tool











Internal photos of the stock differential















No comments:

Post a Comment