Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Tuff Z27AG

Finally after a couple years I pulled my finger out and went to a full ECU and Dyno tune...
I had been previously playing around with various mods to get more power out of the little 1.5lt Turbo.

I tried a special YR Advance Solenoid http://www.yr-advance.com/ this provided me with around ~1.1bar boost..Upped from stock ~0.9bar.
Very happy with this...then i got there exhaust...then the airbox...i love there stuff
Quality is top notch!

Changed to the airbox after the pod suffered from to much heat soak...it is a crazy price...dont know if it was worth it...but i went a lil crazy and got it.
I believe i can sell it at a later date. But its working nicely for now.
~$700AUD
Takes a bit of effort to install and remove...its so precise mounts nicely in the stock airbox position




The airbox uses a dual intake system. Ram air from the front and a 2ndary intake on the side...
Plan is to remove the battery and locate it at the back and run another cold air intake to the side...

I was a cheap ass and decided to install my own intercooler after I got ridiculous quotes. Put it in for about 250$ and half a days work.
It is from a Xr6 got it for $100.lots cheaper than the 2k Greedy version.  Cooler survived my 250HP tune

Went for the adaptronic ECU because nothing else was supported...Recently the ECU flash has been unlocked though.
http://adaptronic.com.au/
My friend installed it in his shed...was a good days work.
To complete the tune i upgrade the fuel system with fuel pump, reg and 525cc injectors.





To match the power i had upgraded the brakes and suspension.  Found a 2nd had set of Tien for small compact Z27ag (Ralliart Colt).

Another little experiment i tried was the Jarcar Boost controller...when on WOT I was able to hold ~1.1bar boost








I made a relay to switch between stock ecu boost and the jaycar boost depending on if i was WOT or
not.
Below is my tune...Happy with the power so far...Now i need an LSD which I am researching. Future mods may include a bigger turbo once i kill the stock one!


2 comments:

  1. hi there, sorry for replying to an old thread. nice works you do to the car! im from hong kong. i do own and drive a colt ralliart (not version-r) its the mode of commute on daily basis so im happy with it being totally stock. recently a friend, who owns a version-r, decides to part with it and takes down all the mods before selling the car. i get the momo steering wheel (which he modded from a lancer evolution vii to fit on the colt) and this yr-advance boost kit. the momo wheel i installed myself no problem. but the boost kit is a little bit tricky (to me~) have researched a bit on the net but the photos dont really help much. may i very very boldly inquire if you would still have the original installation manual/guide to the boost kit? if yes, would you be kind enough to let me have a copy? sorry for writing long. and thanks for your time! Mendel Chan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey mate i found this for you http://www.yr-advance.com/colt/colt-boost.htm
      its how to install the boost.
      i recommend installing a boost gauge so you know what happening to the boost
      from memory i ran the blue pipe..but its not the pipe that control boost but the restrictor in it

      Delete